Tour Code : ATT004
Of day/night: -Half days
Mode of transportation: - Car
Ethiopian Foods Dishes
Ethiopia have a lot of delicious foods that are prepared from different ingredients and spicy. On this Full day Experiencing and Learning How to Make Ethiopian Food tours clients will have a chance of experiencing a deeper insight into the below sections
- History and culture of Ethiopians through shopping food stuff at local markets
- Participate in food preparation sessions
- Tasting varieties of delicious Ethiopian meals.
- Experience how the daily life goes at Merkato – the largest open air market in the continent
- Learn from a native cook how to bake and prepare
On arrival at Bole Int Airport we will meet you then we will be beheading to Merkato which is the largest outdoor market in the entire Africa. We start with visiting the Vegetable Section of the market and buying important ingredients for our food preparation session later. Next stop in the market would be the interesting Spice Market where pick our necessary and unique spices up to prepare the below .
- Ethiopia’s National food called Injera (Enjera) and eats with your fingers at one of the typical traditional restaurants of the city.
- Shirois a delicious chickpea powder-based dish (sometimes also including lentils and broad beans), slow-cooked with Ethiopia's popular — and spicy — red berbere There are several kinds of shiro to enjoy, from the soupy thin shiro wot to the thick and glob-like (but still delectable) shiro tegamino.
- Chechebsa, also called kita firfir(also called kita fitfit), is typically eaten for breakfast and is one of the rare Ethiopian dishes eaten with a spoon. Chechebsa is made of lightly fried injera or other bread cooked in berbere sauce and often served with honey. On the right it's pictured with eggs, which can be substituted out to make it vegan.
- Ethiopian Coffee Ceremony. It is a perfect moment to learn how Ethiopians’ social and economic life is closely tied with coffee and see how Coffee, born originally in Ethiopia, is entertained in the Ethiopian Coffee Ceremony. Join this unique, personalized and authentic tour of Addis to see the rich Ethiopian cuisine!
Finally, along the way back to your hotel, stop at one of the ‘Tej Bets’ of Addis. Tej is traditionally brewed mead-like drink make from honey. In the evening attend a folkloric dinner where you will have a chance to taste several national dishes and watch dances of the various ethnic groups of Ethiopia. The traditional coffee ceremony will also be served. Later you will be transferred to the airport for your departure.